Moving to a new city can be an exciting but daunting experience, especially when moving with your family. If you’re planning on moving to Christchurch with a family in 2023, it’s essential to start preparing early to ensure a smooth transition.
Overseas Packers & Shippers are experienced overseas shipping experts who understand what it takes to move to Christchurch. This article provides helpful tips and advice on how to prepare for your move, including researching the cost of living, housing market, schools, and job opportunities. We also discuss the importance of finding good international removalists, and offer advice on how to make the most of your new life in Christchurch.
Research the City
Before you move your family to Christchurch, it’s highly recommended that you thoroughly research the city beforehand. This will help you have a better understanding of the cost of living in Christchurch to help you plan and budget for your new lifestyle. This includes expenses such as housing, food, utilities, transportation, and healthcare.
Christchurch has a unique lifestyle and culture that you need to understand before moving there. Researching the local customs, festivals, and events can help you get a better understanding of what life will be like when moving from Australia to New Zealand.
Organising All The Right Documentation
When moving to New Zealand from Australia with your family, it is essential you have all the right documentation in order to ensure a smooth transition into your new life in Christchurch. Some of the documentation you will need includes:
- Passport: You will need a valid passport to enter New Zealand.
- Visa: If you are not a New Zealand citizen or resident, you may need a visa to enter and stay in the country. Check the New Zealand immigration website to determine the type of visa you need.
- Work permit: If you plan to work in Christchurch, you may need a work permit or visa. Check the New Zealand immigration website for details.
- Driver’s licence: If you plan to drive in New Zealand, you will need a valid driver’s licence. Depending on your country of origin, you may be able to use your current licence for a limited time, or you may need to apply for a New Zealand driver’s licence.
- Medical records: It’s a good idea to bring copies of your medical records, including vaccination records, prescription medications, and any necessary medical equipment or supplies.
- Education records: If you have school-aged children, you may need to provide education records, such as transcripts, report cards, and enrolment certificates.
Finding a Good International Removalist
Moving internationally requires expertise and experience. Good international movers and packers will have experience in handling international moves and be able to guide you through the process of bringing your family over to Christchurch.
There are also legal requirements for moving internationally, including customs regulations and documentation requirements. A reliable moving company from Australia to NZ will have a thorough understanding of these requirements and be able to help you navigate them.
And finally, moving overseas can be stressful, especially when moving with a family. A good removalist can help reduce stress by taking care of the logistics of the move, leaving you to focus on other aspects like establishing your new home in Christchurch.
Moving to Christchurch with Overseas Packers & Shippers
If you are thinking of moving to Christchurch with your family in 2023, then trust the reliable international removalists at Overseas Packers & Shippers to get the job done. Contact us today to start planning your new life in New Zealand.