Are you moving overseas, but don’t want to sell or store all your belongings? Don’t quite have a full shipping container and only need to take the bare essentials with you? You can try and fill up a shipping container full of your belongings. But this can be expensive, especially if you don’t have a lot of furniture. Shipping containers are generally 20ft or 40ft in size – this can be a large space if you’re not moving many of your belongings!
If this sounds like you, then you should consider a shared shipping container for your overseas move. A shared shipping container is a safe and secure way to transport your belongings overseas and is designed to save you money.
There are many benefits to using a shared shipping container:
A shared shipping container is a cheaper and more economical way to get all your belongings safely overseas. Rather than have to fill a container full of items you don’t really need, or pay for empty space, with shared containers you only pay for the space you use. You share your container with other clients and split the cost. You can ship as little or as much as you want. Suddenly, the whole process of moving overseas becomes much more cost efficient.
When you’ve got too many items to bring in your suitcase on a plane, but not enough to fill a big shipping container, what do you do? You could consider placing some of your belongings on air freight. But this can often be a far more expensive option than shipping containers.
This is why a shared shipping container is such a desirable option. You can move all your belongings at one time in the one shipping container. You don’t have to worry about sending your belongings on various air freights (not sure what this means/adds). You’ll have peace of mind knowing your belongings are all safely being transported together.
You don’t have to worry about your belongings going to multiple destinations before arriving at the country you have moved to. When you use a shared shipping container, your contents will be moved with other people who are going to the same destination. You will no longer have to worry about your belongings getting lost on the journey to your new house.
Overseas Packers & Shippers offers shipping to destinations in the USA, New Zealand, Europe, the UK, and Canada.
Safety of your belongings
Having all your belongings together in a shared shipping container is a safe option for anyone to consider. Your belongings are never separated and will arrive together. However, to make your move a breeze it is important to consider getting insurance to protect against accidental loss or damage.
While these incidents are rare, accidental loss or damage can happen as a result of incidents such as:
- Fire, lightning, flooding
- Collision or crashing of either vessel, aircraft or conveyance
- Water entering the vessel, hold, container lift van or place of storage.
Overseas Packers & Shippers are able to offer a range of insurance options and help you choose the best one for you. Amounts charged will differ depending on the value of the goods being moved, distance goods are being transported and how long they are being stored for.
Shared shipping containers are a safe, secure and cost-effective way to move your belongings overseas. If you have decided a shared shipping container is the best option for you, there are a few things to keep in mind before your move:
- It can be a slow process: your belongings will be taken from a warehouse to the shipping container where it will be loaded. The container will only leave once it is full with other clients’ belongings. If time is not a luxury for you, it may be better to consider other shipping options or air freight.
- Keep your belongings safe: the best way to ensure your belongings make it to your overseas destination in the same condition they left is to have a team of professional wrap and pack your items. Overseas Packers & Shippers have a range of wrapping and packing material that will offer your items the best protection during your overseas move. Using professional packers will not only save you time but money as well. Overseas Packers & Shippers can wrap and pack furniture, china, glassware, ornaments and even fragile items. If your items have been professionally packed, they will also be professionally unpacked upon arrival at your new house overseas.
- Destination: one of our friendly staff will be able to inform you if shared shipping containers are an available option for your overseas move.
Using shared shipping containers is a safe, economical option for anyone who is looking to move overseas. Overseas Packers & Shippers can give you a quick quote to get your overseas move started today.